About Let's Talk BVSD
Welcome to Let's Talk BVSD, the Boulder Valley School District's online engagement platform! Let's Talk BVSD aims to help the community engage with the school district about important issues and make sure all voices are heard.
This online platform offers a variety of interactive tools, including discussion forums, Q&A,polls, surveys and idea sourcing. Use Let's Talk BVSD to contribute your ideas and ask questions about featured projects, at times that work best for you.
To learn more, please explore the platform, and review the following question and answers:
Question: How do I submit my feedback?
Submit your feedback via the online discussion forums, quick polls, forms and surveys relevant to each of the projects currently open for feedback.
To participate for the first time, simply:
- Sign up for Let's Talk BVSD by clicking on the "Sign In" button in the top right of any page
- Choose a username and password
- Complete a few questions
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and click the "Sign In" button
Note: Your comments will appear under your username, and you can comment anonymously through a username of your choice.
Question: Why is the Boulder Valley School District engaging online?
Traditional public feedback usually involves attending public meeting or providing written submissions to the staff and Board of Education, and this can often be time consuming and inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. Let's Talk BVSD allows you the opportunity to engage on topics important to you, at a time that is convenient to you. In this time of Stay at Home, gaining feedback online is even more crucial.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting you.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views, and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
Question: Why do I need to register to this site to make a comment?
While registration is not required to access Let's Talk BVSD, it is necessary for many of the more interactive engagement opportunities. We ask you to register to the website for a few reasons.
- It helps ensure that a broader set of perspectives have an opportunity to be represented by attributing feedback and frequency of feedback to individuals.
- It promotes accountability and encourages people to provide more thoughtful responses because feedback can be attributed to them.
- It also means that we can let you know any news if something major changes about the consultation.
Question: Can I use this site anonymously?
Yes, you can use this website anonymously. Even when you register and post comments, your anonymity is protected because you are identified by your chosen screen name.
Questions: What happens to my feedback/comments?
All comments, ideas and suggestions are collections and used by the relevant project teams to inform the development of strategies, programs and activities, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other activities.
All feedback provided during the project will be considered; however, this does not mean that every suggestion will affect the project or be adopted as proposed.
Note: All comments you make through this website will become public records for anyone to read.
Question: Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and the District will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations.
Who can I contact about Let's Talk BVSD?
Let's Talk BVSD is coordinated by the District's Communications staff.
If you have any questions about content, or the District's feedback and engagement process, please email email@example.com.
If you have a question regarding a specific project currently open for consultation, please contact the relevant project manager. Their contact details can be found in the "Who's listening" section for each project.
Question: How are discussion forums moderated?
All public comments within discussion forums, guest books and questions and answers are moderated 24 hours a day seven days a week, for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants and for comments that are off topic. Spanish moderation is currently provided 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent to the Boulder Valley School District. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment is advised by email. See the moderation policy for more details.